Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cloudbusting CD

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 89 11:46:10 MDT
Subject: Cloudbusting CD

hansen@cs.wmich.edu (Jeff Hansen) writes:

> For instance: A Kate Bush collector tried to sell me a promo CD copy of
> "Cloudbusting."  I mentioned that I had never seen the "normal" realease,
> and he sez: "There never was."  But for $125, I can pass.  Is this true?

It's true that the US "Cloudbusting" CD-promo never had a real release,
which is why it goes for megabucks.  It's the only place you can get
the extended "Cloudbusting" on CD, anywhere.  But unless you're a
COLLECTOR (read: "I buy it to HAVE it, not to DO ANYTHING with it!") I
can't see why anyone would want to blow the C-note for it.  It's not
like, say, the "Relax (Original Mix)" 12" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood,
which commands similar sums but which has a mix that's not available
anywhere else in the whole wide world . . . :-)

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@ariel.unm.edu)
"W-A-6-O-D-B, with . . . a question."