Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 89 11:03:05 PDT

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Great, great news!
Date: 9 Oct 89 18:03:04 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

>Really-From: hansen@cs.wmich.edu ( Jeff Hansen)
>
>[ In previous article, CBS executive refers to "Love and Anger" as first ]
>[ US single...                                                           ]
>
>   Does this mean that "The Sensual World" will not be released in the US
>as a single, much like the Eurythmics "Beethoven?"  I've been able to
>pick up four copies of the two-groove TSW from various places, and saw a
>copy (double-grooveness unverified) at Wax Trax Records in Chicago.

Yes, I believe that this is exactly what this means.  It's always possible
that CBS will release "The Sensual World" later, but it won't be the
first single.  I was just happy that they seemed to be making some sort
of effort at all!

By the way, that great KFJC Kate-fan DJ "Holden Caulfield" played
"The Big Sky" (M. mix) this morning.  He had to leave early, so a
DJ I'd never heard of called Bill Lindsay took over half Holden's show.
He turns out to be a Kate fan too!  He played "Walk Straight Down The
Middle" and "Passing Through Air".  He said:
    "Something very old and something very new from Kate Bush. We heard
'Passing Through Air', which was recorded in 1973 when Kate was fourteen
years old.  Before that, we heard 'Walk Straight Down The Middle', which
is from her new twelve-inch single called 'The Sensual World'.  That song
won't be on the LP, but [it] will be on the cassette and CD.  I'm not
allowed to play anything that's really from the album yet, but I can
give you some information.  Mick Karn plays on a track called 'Heads
We're Dancing', and David Gilmour plays on a really heavy track called
'Rocket's Tail.'"

Ed (Edward Suranyi)
Dept. of Applied Science, UC Davis/Livermore
ed@das.llnl.gov
Until further notice, I CANNOT reply to mail by UUNET. So don't ask me to.