Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

What Sinead O'Connor said about Kate.

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 89 11:43:10 PDT
Subject: What Sinead O'Connor said about Kate.

You may remember that when Sinead O'Connor's debut album, _The Lion
and the Cobra_, came out, there were a lot of people comparing her
to Kate.  Not because she sounds like Kate (she doesn't), but
because "she uses her voice in bizarre ways to create interesting
effects" (_L.A. Times_), or because they're both "women shattering
the boundaries of pop music" (_Rolling Stone_).

Well, she was interviewed in the _L.A. Times_ about a year ago, and
here's what she had to say about this:
     "I like Kate Bush, so it's kind of flattering [to be compared with
her].  I'd rather be compared with her than with someone I really
detested. . .like Suzanne Vega, Joni Mitchell."

By the way, does anybody who reads this newsgroup even know of
anybody who went to one of the Tour of Life concerts?  Just
wondering.

Ed (Edward Suranyi)
Dept. of Applied Science, UC Davis/Livermore
ed@das.llnl.gov
Until further notice, I CANNOT reply to mail by UUNET. So don't ask me to.