Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

sTuff

From: John Precedo <jp@doc.ic.ac.uk>
Date: 9 Oct 89 19:51:40 GMT
Subject: sTuff
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <626462@mac.Dartmouth.EDU> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Julian.West@mac.dartmouth.edu
>>>" The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there. "
>>>                                            attribution, anyone?
>> L. P. Hartley, of course.  Hasn't every Love-Hound read _The Go-Between_?
>> (Or at least seen Harold Pinter's great screenplay)  Surely you didn't
>expect
>> that one to stump us!  :) :)
>> Jimmy Liberato
>Actually, I asked because I didn't know!  So evidently _not_ every
>Love-Hound has read _The_Go-Between_.  I guess I will.

I didn't know it either, but it sure sounds good. Maybe I should read it too?

>>_Just_Like_a_Prayer_ are considered "subversive".
>That song is titled _Like_a_Prayer_.  (Big whoop.)

You mean you've actually listened too it?!? I though Love-Hounds only
listen to GOOD music :-)       <--notice the smiley, Madonna lovers.

>  "the past is a foreign country: they do things differently there"
>                               -- l p hartley

--John (who still likes the quote. Can I go there?)

John Precedo		| 		JANET: jp@doc.ic.ac.uk
Imperial College	|
Huxley Building		|	...Its been such a long week...
London Sw7 2BZ		|