Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

MisK. (to coin a subject... :-)

From: Pete Hartman <bucc2!pwh@bradley.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 89 23:40:08 -0500
Subject: MisK. (to coin a subject... :-)

A few notes to keep my mind off the fact that I STILL can't get
the new KaTe single here in Peoria....

I saw the new video for _Regina_ (a hard "g" rather than the soft
one usually used in english) by the Sugarcubes last weekend.  I
had been hearing reviews of the new album saying that it was more
"pop" than the first one, and was sort of worried.  Luckily, if this
song is typical, my fears were unfounded.  It did have a more
carefree feel to it than some of the really intense songs of
_Life's Too Good_, but the music is still solid, and Bjork's voice
is as wonderful as ever.

I also saw a video by a band called "The Innocence Mission".  Does
anyone have any info on this band?  They (like so many lately, it
seems) are also influenced by Kate, and I was struck that there is
a fair similarity between the looks of their lead singer/keyboardist,
a young woman with long dark hair, and Our Goddess....not to mention
that the music seemed similarish.  (then again, maybe I'm just suffering
from wishful thinking)

Any news yet on that midwest KaTe Bash?

and pete@i-core....you realize that you've just committed the most
heinous sin possible...questioning the charter.  I mean this IS
rec.music.*gaffa* (and if you haven't heard already, that's a
famous work in Bushology....just ask |>oug & IED)