Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I feel a scream of frustration coming on. . .

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 89 13:52:35 MDT
Subject: Re: I feel a scream of frustration coming on. . .

ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi) writes:

> WHY ON EARTH HAVEN'T THE RECORD STORES BEEN TOLD ABOUT THE ALBUM
> YET?  I'm particularly annoyed that Tower hasn't heard of it yet.

All the record stores have "been told" about the album, and have known
about it for months, thanks to Billboard, their distributors, and the
record-label promo people.  Just because the Minimum Wage Schmuck up at
the front counter doesn't pay attention to all the info that flows into
the store doesn't mean that Tower as an entity is unaware of the
impending Sensual World.

> I'm sure that they would be *very* interested to know of a new album.

No doubt their preorders for it were placed weeks ago.  Don't worry
about it.  You'll get your copy on the 17th, just like the rest of us.
(And yes, I am probably going to listen to the new Kate BEFORE the new
Art Of Noise, which comes out the same day over here . . . but I HATE
moral dilemmas like that!)

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@ariel.unm.edu)
"No Pimento Loaf!"  -- Lunchmeat McBarcode's Guide to Loving