Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Implorings ..., new kid

From: abvax!las@uunet.UU.NET (Lorie A Stull)
Date: 6 Oct 89 17:43:19 GMT
Subject: Re: Implorings ..., new kid
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I picked up a copy of _TSW_ last night for $6 in the Cleveland area. This
from a record store notorious for selling demo copies of stuff...  Actually,
I managed to get an advance copy a few weeks back...Good stuff!

What I wonder is, does anyone else out there listen to music that possibly
influences Kate Bush herself?  Bands like Capercaillie, Relativity, De
Dannan, and the Bothy Band come to mind as good Celtic bands.  I'd
recommend getting in touch with Green Linnet Records in Connecticut
(phone (203) 966-0864).  Not that she DOES listen to these bands, but
there are common threads.

Finally, I also talked with Vickie Mapes the other night for about an
hour myself...Quite a nice (and helpful) person!

Ed Lieser
(using Lorie Stull's account)