Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Innocence ____?

From: portuesi%tweezers.esd.sgi.com@sgi.sgi.com (Michael Portuesi)
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 89 09:18:58 PDT
Subject: Re: Innocence ____?

   > Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
   >
   > Had a nice chat with Vickie Mapes last night.
   > She mentioned something about a new album by Innocence ______
   > which she thought was excellent.  Trouble is, I've forgotten
   > the _____ part of their name.   Does anyone know it and/or the name
   > of this album?  Has anyone else heard it?

   I own it and it's very good! KT-influenced, but by no means an imitation!
   The singer (Karen Peris) sounds similar to Edie Brickell in some ways also,
   but it's still a good album ;)

   woj --- woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu

The name of the group is "Innocence Mission".

Watching the video for their single, I kept thinking "10000 Maniacs".
Does anybody else think they're 10000 Maniacs wanna-be's too?

			--M