Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I feel a scream of frustration coming on. . .

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 89 08:53:02 PDT
Subject: I feel a scream of frustration coming on. . .

WHERE THE HELL IS HER U.S. SINGLE?  THERE'S ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT UNTIL
THE GODDAMNED ALBUM IS RELEASED!  DOESN'T ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING?

Also,

WHY ON EARTH HAVEN'T THE RECORD STORES BEEN TOLD ABOUT THE ALBUM
YET?  I'm particularly annoyed that Tower hasn't heard of it yet.
I mean, Kate's always done quite well there, at least in the Bay Area.
Consider:
     1)  Several articles about her have appeared in _Pulse!_ magazine,
which is Tower Record's in-store magazine.
     2)  In the letters page of _Pulse!_, Kate's records have been
mentioned as Desert Island Disks many times.
     3)  Both _HoL_ and _TWS_ did very well there.  In the Mountain View
store, _HoL_ was on the Top 25 rack for a long time, and _TWS_ peaked at
number five on that rack.
     4)  I was just in that particular store last night, and there were
about eight Kate CD's in the racks, with about thirty more in the
overstock bin below.  It's clear from my observations that her albums are
sold and reordered on a regular basis.

I'm sure that they would be *very* interested to know of a new album.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov

P.S. I thought Gaffa was a town in Israel. :-) :-)
     (Just kidding, folks.  Notice the smiley faces?)