Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

News of _The_World_

From: Julian.West@mac.dartmouth.edu
Date: 04 Oct 89 10:59:55
Subject: News of _The_World_

   "all the amount of pleasure they get off _a_womans_body_ were
    so round and white for them always I wished I was one myself
    for a change"  [_Ulysses_, Penguin ed. page 638 lines 41-2.]

    "id make a deal with god and get him to swap our places" [KT RUTH]

    "He means that the _love_ so given to one near in blood is covetously
      withhled form some stranger who, it may be, hungers for it.  Jews,
      whom christians tax with avarice, are of all races the most given
       to intermarriage.  Accusations are made in _anger_ ... "
                         [_Ulysses_, chapter IX, lines 781-4]

 " The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there. "
                                                                  --
attribution, anyone?