Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Bonus Tracks and Kate CD-Singles

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 89 13:57:53 MDT
Subject: Bonus Tracks and Kate CD-Singles

> the absolute WORST case of a CD having songs on it that aren't on
> the LP is _Dark Adapted Eye_ by Danielle Dax.  (count 'em) *9* songs
> are on the CD that aren't on the LP...

New Order's SUBSTANCE CD set kicks all over that, with twelve, count
'em, twelve bonus tracks . . . the B-sides to the songs on the first
disc, in most cases.

With all the old 12"s being reissued on CD-single in Europe lately,
does anyone think we'll see any of Kate's first five 12"ers hit the
disc-time anytime soon?  Island and Polygram seem to be doing it
quite a bit.  How about EMI?

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@ariel.unm.edu)
"People who aren't going to go any faster than the speed limit really ought
   to put their hazard lights on."  -- Nibble's Rules Of The Road, #19