Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: From a KT fanatic in Pgh, Pa

From: halley!steve@cs.utexas.edu (Steve Williams)
Date: 1 Oct 89 05:56:23 GMT
Subject: Re: From a KT fanatic in Pgh, Pa
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In a recent article Francis Stanley Cwiklik <fc0h+@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:~

>   My entries to this bboard will likely seem sort of naive at times,
                       ^^^^^^
Your background is showing...

>but I grew up in a neighborhood where The Cure, Led Zeppelin, and

I was once (~1970) a major Led Zep fan, and I currently happen to rank
the Cure up there in the second tier (we all know who sits on the throne,
of course).  Really: It's not necessary to verify your devotion to Kate
by trashing other groups.  Someone else will always favor the artist(s)
you trash, reducing the effectiveness of your argument.  (Although, so far,
no one has rushed forward in defense of reigning teenqueens Deb and Tiff.)

>   Here's to talking with you all again!

Stick around.  We can always use some new blood.  Just don't ask
what "gaffa" means, and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't ask if Kate
really once said "Nice to Swallow".

Steve Williams               ...!cs.utexas.edu!halley!steve