Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KT on _Rock Over London_

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 89 14:15:14 PDT
Subject: KT on _Rock Over London_

First of all, my postings seem to have appeared in random order lately.
Just remember that their original order was that of increasing number
of times I heard the song on the radio.

Next, as promised, "The Sensual World" was played on _Rock Over London_
this morning.  In fact, it was the opening song!  Here's a transcript:

[Big Ben]

Dave Garth (sp?): "Hi, this is Dave Garth [sp?] of Depeche Mode and this
		  here show's _Rock Over London_."

[Opening music]

Host: "And I'm Graham Dean.  Hello again.  Well, Dave is our special
interview guest later, so all the latest on Depeche Mode.  And in the
next hour, all the latest British rock as well.  Another from the Squeeze
LP, some new Erasure and Jesus and Mary Chain, a solo Beatle ballad guest
request, and we'll start off with a lady who hasn't released a new album for
four years."

[Some commercials]

Host:  "And to kick off _Rock Over London_ this week, the first new album
in four years by Kate Bush."

[The song "The Sensual World" is played]

Host:  "Very atmospheric.  I like that!  Kate Bush fans, I guess, have been
on pretty small rations for the last few years.  Mind you, she did have
that one new song called "Experiment IV"; it was on her compilation a
couple of years ago.  Apart from that, nothing since _Hounds Of Love_ in
'85!  That's the title song from the new album, _The Sensual World_, and
wasn't it just."

Note that "This Woman's Work" wasn't mentioned.  This tends to confirm
my belief that generally, people in Britain were never aware of this song.

I'm no longer going to list the number of times I hear TSW on the radio.
It's obvious now that, wonder of wonders, KITS has put it into their
regular rotaion list, and they play it several times a day.  I'll only
mention when someone says something interesting.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov