Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lots more little things.

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 89 16:39:45 PDT
Subject: Lots more little things.

1) Kate's new single will be played on _Rock Over London_ TOMORROW
MORNING! (Sunday, Oct. 1)

I just heard this a few minutes ago.  I hope this posting gets to
interested people in time.  In the Bay Area, this will be on KITS
(105.3 MHz) sometime between 8 am and 9 am.  I don't know when it's
on elsewhere, but it is played on many stations nationwide.

Actually, KITS has been playing TSW a fair amount (I heard it TWICE
today, so far), but for once we have advance warning.

2) The article in _Melody Maker_ which IED posted.

IED posted an article from _Melody Maker_ not long ago which concluded
by saying, "Another track, 'This Woman's Work', will be heard on a film
soundtrack, although details on this are so far not being issued."

IED thought either this was an accident, or the writer of this piece was
horribly ill-informed.  Actually, there's a very likely explanation.  The
movie "She's Having a Baby" has never, to my knowledge, been released in
the UK!  The only Brits likely to have heard of this movie are Kate fans
who communicate with American fans, or who read the fanzines.

In fact, the reason this song appears on the album may be because Kate
wants her primary audience, the British public, to finally be able to
hear it.

3) Another article, this time from _New Musical Express_, Sept. 16 issue.

This article says the same as all the others, except for the following
sentence:  "The accompanying promotional video was directed by Kate in
tandem with Peter Richardson."

Anybody ever hear of?

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov