Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Nice Night to of the Swallow/s

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 89 18:11:11 EDT
Subject: Re: Nice Night to of the Swallow/s
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

>>      It took a long time to do but I think there are some very
>>	intense songs and the ones I like best of all are 'Nice To
>>	Swallow', 'Houdini', and 'Get Out'.  All in all, I was very
>>	proud of this record.

> [Michael Mendelson:] Undoubtedly IED will mention this, but just in
> case he doesn't, I can't help but get the impression that perhaps
> the person who wrote the above "quote" in that magazine misheard
> Kate.

Well, if I remember correctly, the section on Kate's albums had a
little picture of each album and a full track listing.  Also, they
didn't get any of the other song titles wrong, so I see no reason to
assume that this is a misprint.  I can't imagine anyone hearing "Night
of the Swallow" as "Nice to Swallow" -- the people who do these
interviews *do* use tape recorders, you know, and can check to make
sure they transcribed properly.  Furthermore, Kate has a pecluliar
sense of humor, and this pun is exactly the kind I'd expect to hear
from Kate.  I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would
think Kate wouldn't say this.  Are you all so prudish?