Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Nice Night to of the Swallow/s

From: Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 89 13:10:28 -0500
Subject: Nice Night to of the Swallow/s

        It took a long time to do but I think there are some very
	intense songs and the ones I like best of all are 'Nice To
	Swallow', 'Houdini', and 'Get Out'.  All in all, I was very
	proud of this record.

Undoubtedly IED will mention this, but just in case he doesn't,
I can't help but get the impression that perhaps the person
who wrote the above "quote" in that magazine misheard Kate.
If the person transcribing the interview was not all that familiar
with Kate's work (which it seems they often are not), and did not
take the time to check what he thought he heard with the titles
on the album, then the Nice to Swallow reading might easily have
come about.  A Freudian slip, perhaps?  Indicative of what the interviewer
might have been thinking about while interviewing Kate?  Nawwww...
			        			.