Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Nice to Swallow

From: stewarte@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (The Man Who Invented Himself)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 89 17:50:39 -0700
Subject: Re: Nice to Swallow
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Was I only dreaming, or did Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu> actually say:

[Re: the elusive "Nice to Swallow" quote]

>I hope that IED will give me the *HUGE* apology that he promised.  It
>is from *Sounds Fan Library No. 9: Lady Killers*.  Pat Benetar is on
>the cover.  Inside there is an interview with Kate (among lots of
>other junk), and on page 35, Kate comments on all of her albums.
[...]
>        It took a long time to do but I think there are some very
>	intense songs and the ones I like best of all are 'Nice To
>	Swallow', 'Houdini', and 'Get Out'.

Given the source, don't you think it's possible that the reviewer
simply misheard Kate's pronounciation of "Night of the Swallow"?
I mean, this being a magazine of questionable Kateliness, it's
entirely possible that the interviewer's knowledge of "The Dreaming"
was less than complete....  I suppose I should have waited to see
whether IED would apologize before posting this, but somehow I
doubt he will....
--
"I have no desire to live in a country that doesn't
 allow you to have any fun."