Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Nice to Swallow

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 89 17:04:02 EDT
Subject: Nice to Swallow
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

I got inspired last night and pulled down all my boxes of Kate Bush
paraphilnalia (I hurt my back doing it too!) and searched through all
my magazines, meticulously searching for the interview where Kate
refers to "Night of the Swallow" as "Nice to Swallow".  I searched
most intensely where I thought I'd find it, but it was to no avail.
Just as I was about to give up, I spotted another magazine that was
vaguely similar in size, color, and shape to the magazine I had
expected to find it in, so I looked in there, and there it was!

So, here is the quote that IED stubbornly refused to believe existed.
I hope that IED will give me the *HUGE* apology that he promised.  It
is from *Sounds Fan Library No. 9: Lady Killers*.  Pat Benetar is on
the cover.  Inside there is an interview with Kate (among lots of
other junk), and on page 35, Kate comments on all of her albums.
These are the comments on *The Dreaming*:

	Again I'm very fond of this because it's my latest and because
	it represents *total* control, owing to the fact that I
	produced it by myself.  It's the hardest thing I've ever done
	-- it was even harder than touring!  The whole experience was
	very worrying, very frightening but at the same time very
	rewarding.

        It took a long time to do but I think there are some very
	intense songs and the ones I like best of all are 'Nice To
	Swallow', 'Houdini', and 'Get Out'.  All in all, I was very
	proud of this record.

I am NEVER going to this much trouble again to counter IED's disbelief
of my perfect knowledge.  Twice is enough.