Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Various

From: Dave Collins <pyrltd!davec@uunet.UU.NET>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 89 22:51:22-0000
Subject: Re: Various
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Oh joy of joys - I have just been listening for the first time - to THE NEW
ALBUM !!!!  No names no pack drill BUT I will pass on further comments once
I have had a chance to listen through a couple of more times.

First comments (possibly to be revised on 2nd and 3rd listenings).
Sad one first - the British CD single and the title of the albumare one and
the same - unlike most of KT's 12" singles it isnt remixed (errr ummm....
just a thought I picked up the CD single NOT the 12" - are they different?)

I am afraid that the recording came my way without a track listing BUT I
have noticed that a track listing was posted the other day and I will
attempt to match them up. The title track is track one and it is followed
by a lengthy tour-de-force not too disimilar to RUTH (my subjective
opinion).  Track 3 is very mello w and floating with some haunting violin
backing.  Actually the album as a whole has quite a mellow feel to it.

As I stressed above these comments are on first play only - I will away for
another listen and will report back accordingly.

davec@pyrltd