Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: IED's and Doug's discussion about the "two steps"

From: Woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 89 18:00:45 EDT
Subject: Re: IED's and Doug's discussion about the "two steps"

One other possibility is the idea of faith. Stepping out onto water is
assuredly an uncertain act, as is venturing forth into the twists and
turns of love and relationships.

Stepping out with *both feet* onto uncertain ground reveals a trustful
determination to explore the unknown - hence I guess I too must agree
with IED in his (and Kate's) interpretation of the quote as being a
decision by the heroine to face her fears.

In any event, I would ask that IED and !>oug cease this childish ar-
gument and discuss topics like adults. I can understand defending
your position, but attacking the interpretation of another is just
plain unneccessary. Each is untitled to his or her own opinion, even
if you do not agree with it.

woj --- woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu

ps. To whoever accidentally received this the first time I attempted
to post it, I extend my hearty apologies - blame it on my new mailer.