Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Man With The Attitude up his ***....

From: Lazlo Nibble <csbrkaac@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 89 00:13:04 MDT
Subject: Re: The Man With The Attitude up his ***....

>         . . .  Diaries are for the private perusal of the person
> who writes them.  Private phone calls are for the ears of the
> two people involved.  These tapes were made to show off Kate's skill,
> and were for the perusal of anyone who might be interested in offering
> her a contract.  They were intended for the ears of people who didn't
> know Kate, and who would possibly not listen to them with a kind ear.
> They are not 'private.'

Nor are they 'public'.  The tapes were intended originally for a very
specific audience -- record company execs.  Are you one?  If not, then
Kate has not granted you permission to even *listen* to these tapes,
let alone own bootleg copies of them.  Do the artist's wishes mean
absolutely *nothing* to you people?

> I'm sick of hearing this line about them being like childhood diaries.
> It's bullshit.

So are all the defenses of IED's piracy campaign that I've heard so far.
You folks just hate to even *consider* the possibility that what you're
doing is flat-out morally *wrong*, don't you?

                                                Lazlo (csbrkaac@ariel.unm.edu)
Lock the target.  Bait the line.  Spread the net.  Catch the man.