Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT and Danielle Dax

From: jsd@gaffa.mit.edu (Jon Drukman)
Date: 15 Aug 89 22:48:07 GMT
Subject: Re: KT and Danielle Dax
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: uucp@eddie.MIT.EDU

>Really-From: queen@tahoe.unr.edu (Brian Queen)
>
>  I noticed this many moons ago when I had a stereo and
>a record colection.  I thought one song was a total
>ripoff of the others idea.  I respect both artists but
>of course Kate won out, regardless of the facts.

"facts"?  What "facts" would these be, buddy boy?  In music review,
there ARE no "facts" except the "facts" of who played what instrument,
and whether the horrible farty noise mixed to the extreme left of the
stereo image was placed there on purpose or is in reality just a used
birth control device stuck to your turntable.  IMPO, (in my pompous
opinion), Dax's song has many good things to recommend it, and furthermore,
he said, resorting to the old IED cop-out, you can't really compare them
cos they're apples and oranges.  And don't tell me that having the same
rhythm track makes them comparable, because you could then argue that
Coldcut is the same as Led Zep cos one ripped off the other's drum track.

Anyway, Danielle Dax's song is very exciting for different reasons
than Kate's, so git outta heeeyah!

Another Honky With An Attitude,  (thanks |>ougie boyeeeee)

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? --------------------+
|  |   |\        | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I think quotes are very dangerous   |
| \|on |/rukman  | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  things."  -- Kate Bush              |