Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Here I am, Saving Drukface's Ass

From: JDTURN%UMASS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (Joe Turner)
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 89 18:38:26 EDT
Subject: Here I am, Saving Drukface's Ass

OK OK, first off NO his hair ain't short cause he was wigged out on drugs.
The story, as I understand it, goes like this:  PG was kinda ignoring
Jill, his wife, for quite a while.  In a fit of desperation, she went off
and slept with Tony Levin as a kind of a slap-in-the-face.  It worked,
and in a show of pennance, he shaved his head.  Unconfirmed is the bit
where I hear she did the same to show she still loved him...

As for the bit about PG and drugs... he most definately was a junkie
'round about TLLDOB.  I was in Newbury Comix one day a year or two ago
and was reading this thick book of interviews with Genesis (ALL of them),
and they were all saying how it was a pain to record it because of
PG's problems.  There's also the firsthand reports from a friend of mine
who worked at the Boston clubs around '78 who complained that Jerry
Marotta was coked off his ass and could barely sit in his chair without
falling over backwards... and that PG's track marks were REALLY ugly.

/joe