Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hammer Horror

From: isg100!otter!dps@ncr-sd.sandiego.ncr.com (Duncan Smith)
Date: 15 Aug 89 17:05:38 GMT
Subject: Re: Hammer Horror
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Tamar,
	_Hammer_Horror_ is indeed an homage to the Hammer films. Note
that they were horror films, not mysteries. As I recall the lyrics,
the song melds together the essential elements of such a film. They
were very popular during the sixties and early seventies, when Kate
was a young girl. They starred such names as Peter Cushing and
Christopher Lee and were frequently about some creepy old country
house were devilish goings on were to be encountered. Some of
the genre are now regarded as classics, e.g. 'Night of the Daemons.'

The voiceover at the start of HoL is actually a line from one of
these films (Maybe the one I mentioned.)

Duncan Smith