Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: KT and Danielle Dax

From: tracyr@uunet.uu.net (jane smallberries)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 89 13:27:29 PDT
Subject: Re: KT and Danielle Dax
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

me too, me too--it was the first thing that struck me when
i first heard 'the dreaming' (which was after i had my danielle
dax tape--better late than never).  thanks ed, for sharing
such interesting observations from college radio stations.

other odds & ends:
got my copy of the meteorological mix of 'the big sky'.  all
i can say is GET THIS NOW IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE IT!  the
drums, the voices, the glory--i listen to it when the house
is empty, and can play it at a volume that shakes the windows.
it's one of the rare times my true, primal, unbridled, congo-queen
self emerges.  try it--you Won't regret it.
only bummer is the other side skips in the beginning of 'under the
ivy'--this seems to be the case for several copies of the album
i tried.

larry, did i thank you for your donation of your own customized copy
of obskurities 2??  where did you find this version of 'hounds
of love'??  i haven't heard this one--it's great!  all the
"run run run run run run run, honey, run from the hounds of
love"'s--where'd it come from???

one final note to corey:  i'm sending your tape today.  please
accept my apologies for the delay--i seem to have misplaced the
insert containing ied's song listing and notes, so i wanted to
wait 'til i found it so i could send you a complete package.
but i won't wait any longer, as it's where-abouts are still a
mystery.  perhaps another love-hound can xerox the inserts and
send them to you...

-tracy
uunet!sco!tracyr,
tracyr@sco.com

p.s. will any love-hounds be attending the SCO Forum 89 next week?
i'll be there most of the second half of the week...