Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: uuwest!user@apple.com (A Modem User)
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 89 11:59:44 PDT
Comments: On and on and on and on

A couple of things: First, it was my belief that while Kate obviously
wrote "Cloudbusting" from Peter Reich's point of view, Wilhelm Reich did
in fact have a daughter. P. Reich clearly points this out in _A_Book_of_
Dreams_. Unfortunately, I do not remember her name offhand, but her hus-
band was one Bill Moise. If I am mistaken, please help clear things up.

Second, I wish people would get their minds out of the gutter about Kate's
decision for her next album title. "Sensual" does not necessarily mean
"sexual"; actually there are a number of meanings but I think the one she
is aiming at here is more along the lines of "sensory". 'Awwww, but that
RUINS it!' Tough luck. Then again, if you comb through your dictionary,
sooner or later you'll find that another definition for "sensual" is
"deficient in moral, spiritual, or intellectual interests".... Hmmmmm!
Let the imagination flow! Think Kate is being romantic or cynical?

Or just literary?

                          -Uzer

apple!spies!uuwest!user
user@uuwest.UUCP