Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Babooshka grammar

From: jsd@gaffa.mit.edu (Jon Drukman)
Date: 8 Aug 89 17:22:16 GMT
Subject: Re: Babooshka grammar
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: uucp@eddie.MIT.EDU

In article <8908081522.AA19540@m.cs.uiuc.edu> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Michael Mendelson <mendel@cs.uiuc.edu>
>
>I was listening to the Whole Story today and in the song Babooshka,
>I thought I heard Kate say
>
>		"She couldn't have made a worst move..."
>					  ----^

You know what I find interesting is that it sounds a hell of a lot
like Kate starts to say "choice" and then replaced the word on the
master tape with "move" but did a sloppy punch-in job.  I have always
thought this but never mentioned it to anyone.  This seems like a good
opportuinity to bring it up.  Anyone else hear it?  Listen carefully -
I'm almost positive there's a glitch there of one sort or another...

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? --------------------+
|  |   |\        | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I think quotes are very dangerous   |
| \|on |/rukman  | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  things."  -- Kate Bush              |