Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Babooshka grammar

From: Mark Anderson <manderso@ugly.cs.ubc.ca>
Date: 8 Aug 89 20:35 -0700
Subject: Re: Babooshka grammar

jsd@gaffa.mit.edu (Jon Drukman) writes:
> You know what I find interesting is that it sounds a hell of a lot
> like Kate starts to say "choice" and then replaced the word on the
> master tape with "move" but did a sloppy punch-in job.

Until I got the lyrics with _Never_For_Ever_, I thought Kate was
singing "choice"--albeit with a rather strange pronunciation.
Actually it sounds like "chove" to me, suggesting Jon's theory might
have some merit.  Though I thought Kate was too much a perfectionist
to let that slip by.

And since we're on the topic of Babooshka grammar, is there any such
word as "freezed"?
--
Mark Anderson <manderso@ugly.cs.ubc.ca>
{att!alberta,uw-beaver,uunet}!ubc-cs!ugly.cs.ubc.ca!manderso