Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Last Temptation...

From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 89 08:15:07 EST
Subject: The Last Temptation...

Hello there fellow Love-Hounds--
  In a totally un-Kate-related note, I would just like to let you all
know that I was fortunate enough yesterday to locate _The Last Temptation
of Christ_ video (in, of all places, a local supermarket video rental).
If anybody out there is a Gabriel fan who appreciated his _Passion_ album
you may well enjoy hunting down the movie to see where all the music got
tied in.  I'll tell you right now that the scene which included "A
Different Drum" was positively triumphant.  But anyway!  While there were
some scenes which I could not bring myself to watch (i.e. the crucifixion
scenes), Martin Scorsese did a GREAT job on this movie...VERY powerful.
I trembled through most of it.  And while the movie could definitely prove
upsetting to devout Catholics, etc., and David Bowie's cameo as Pontias
Pilate was a tad too BRITISH-sounding, the movie was very well done.
  Check it out, if you haven't already.  I'd be interested to hear what
others have to say.  And, if by some chance you haven't gone out and gotten
Gabriel's _Passion_ yet, all I can say is "What are you waiting for?"

                                               All the best,
                                                     Deb Wentorf