Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Spirit of the Forest

From: nbc@inf.rl.ac.uk
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 89 18:57:43 BST
Subject: Spirit of the Forest
Posted-Date: Wed, 7 Jun 89 18:57:43 BST

I have only seen short snippets of the "Spirit of the Forest" video
on TV over here and these looked like outtakes from the Band Aid film.
I had not realised Kate was involved until Duane Day's report in
Lovehounds. However, NME this week published a long list of the people
involved (more than 60 acts apparently) plus a picture of Kate - perhaps
NME has taste after all. The single is released in the UK this week by Virgin
with the profits going to the "Earth Love Fund". According to NME it is
a double A-side recorded with different artists singing on each version
of the song. It also features XTC so is a double-must for several Lovehounds.

Talking of the Swindon lads - there is a new session from XTC on the
Andy Kershaw show on June 11th on Radio 1.

Also, in an NME interview with Peter Gabriel he comments on press
rumours about his relationships, and the interviewer asks:
 Were you hurt by the rumours surrounding your realtionship with Kate
 Bush following the "Don't Give Up" duet?

 "Well, I didn't get involved with Kate in any way other than the music.
 Obviously I expected it becasue of the video bu that wasn't serious ...

I had not read of any rumours of this kind - they must have been in the
gutter press or gossip pages of music mags. Anyone else come across such
Kate and Pete type stories? Were they widespread?

Neil