Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

JM Jarre questions (was Kate-echism XXI.6.iv)

From: laural@cs.utexas.edu (Laura La Gassa)
Date: 6 Jun 89 14:38:31 GMT
Subject: JM Jarre questions (was Kate-echism XXI.6.iv)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I wrote:
> >I must admit I cancelled my subscription to r.m.gaffa last week because,
> >well, because.  I got my _Cathy Demos_ tape today, and was sort of half-
> >listening to it, until I heard (what is for me) the last song on the...

To which IED replied:
>     This is very depressing. Very depressing. Cancelled your subscrip-
>tion? _Half_listening_? To KATE BUSH?   H A L F ??? Please don't write
>such things in Love-Hounds, people! It's not good for IED's health.

I should explain:  I was under severe emotional distress.  It's a very long
story that involves a Master's Thesis, a finace that is 1600 miles away,
a credit card that is over the limit, a four hour plane ride, and the complete
inability to find any CDs in Austin, Texas by Jean-Michel Jarre.  I figured
if I stopped reading the net I'd get more work done on my Thesis.  I had just
gotten off the plane and was rather tired and trying to read two weeks worth
of bills so I was half-listening.  Am I forgiven?  As penance I will listen
attentively to my Kate KollecTion.

Now for something gaffa-related (sorry, not Kate-related):

	1)  How does one pronounce Jean-Michel Jarre's last name?  Basically,
		is it one or two syllables?
	2)  I only have _Zoolook_.  Supposing I find *anything*, what should
		I get next?  There is a copy of _The Essential Jean-Michel
		Jarre_ at my favorite record store, but I'm not sure I want
		to put US $32 down on it.

Please respond by e-mail, as I recall these very questions were discussed
in depth about 4 months ago.

Laura
laural@cs.utexas.edu