Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Gentle Giant CD's are here )-:

From: kato@ircam.uucp (John Kitamura)
Date: 22 May 89 09:21:17 GMT
Subject: Re: Gentle Giant CD's are here )-:
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@ircam.uucp

In article <8905182234.AA12820@thismoment.sun.com> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: duane@EBay.Sun.COM (Duane Day, I.R. - Applications Development)
>... I'm pretty sure it's all there - just labeled very sloppily ...
On the whole, I find the complete package a disappointment. The inserts
copyright info has been sloppily airbrushed out, the cover artwork is
blurry, and the inner lyrics/liner notes of _Acquiring The Taste_ has
been omitted. (_Acquiring The Taste_ is spelled incorrectly but it was so
also on the original Vertigo vinyl disc).
	And to my ears, the sound is poorly mastered - high tape hiss and
sometimes muddy bottom end. I don't think these were made from original masters
or with the aid/consent of any of the Shulmans.
>... And "Sweet Georgia Brown" is pretty dispensable ...
Perhaps this may show up onn a disc with all the other non-lp singles, etc.

John Kitamura - kato@ircam.uucp