Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: microsoft!brianw@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Sun May 21 18:07:39 1989

From: brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Games without Frontiers
Date: 22 May 89 01:07:38 GMT

>In article <cYOvR0W00WB6EWV3Z0@andrew.cmu.edu> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>
>>Really-From: Philip Verdieck <pv04+@andrew.cmu.edu>
>>
>>From Peter Gabriel's third album, entitled " Peter Gabriel ". It is commonly
>>known as the "melting face album", as opposed to "wet car"(#1), and "scraping
>>fingernails " (#2).

I seem to be coming in on this kind of late, but I thought that Gabriel's
albums were referred to as:

Peter Gabriel 1    car
Peter Gabriel 2    scratch
Peter Gabriel 3    melt
Peter Gabriel 4    ?
Peter Gabriel 5    So

At least that's what a promo poster that a friend of mine has states.

It's too bad that Geffin Records decided that thier profits were more
important than Peter Gabriel's wish to call #4 "Peter Gabriel" as well.
Then his idea of having his albums be titled like a serial magazine,
where the issue number changes instead of the title, would still be going
on.

BTW, has anyone else found a copy of "melt" with the colour insert?
The first copy of "melt" I saw had the lyrics printed on a glossy sheet
with pictures on both sides. The picture under the lyrics was partially
obscured by the panels for each song, but the other side had a very
graphic colour version of the cover (different photo) which was quite
shocking (looked like Gabriel's face was bleeding). The record stores
(and used shops too) have no inserts in thier albums.

Brian Willoughby                        ...!uw-beaver!microsoft!brianw
                or                      microsoft!brianw@uunet.UU.NET
                or just                 brianw@microsoft.UUCP