Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: microsoft!brianw@uunet.UU.NET
Date: Mon May 22 19:29:14 1989

From: brianw@microsoft.UUCP (Brian Willoughby)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Administrivia? [and rambling...]
Date: 23 May 89 02:29:12 GMT

>Really-From: cucard!dasys1!gts@columbia.edu (G. T. Samson)
>Just wondering... would it be possible to hack the software that handles
>incoming love-hounds articles so that
>
>a) There aren't so many articles with a subject of "(none)"?  (A
>
>b) Not EVERYTHING looks like it came from "Love-Hounds-Request@Gaffa.MIT.EDU"?
>
>Dunno if anyone else thinks this is important...
>
>Name: Gregory T. Samson, the Evil MicroWizard [and once An Insane Man]

I certainly think it would be worthwhile (computers are supposed to work
FOR us, right?).

This is especially important since so many non-KaTe Bush topics are
appearing (which I'm not complaining about - in fact its quite surprising
that 80% of the seemingly random assortment of groups mentioned are
compatible with my tastes.)

In Re: to a previous un-named poster - Let's not attack each others'
tastes in music. You can never explain why someone SHOULD like a group,
they either DO or they DON'T. In fact, I've often been astonished at how
the friends and family who have affected my musical education held such
wildly varying choices in music. I'm always meeting people who are glad
that I like artist A, but they can't BELIEVE I don't like artist B.
That's Art Folk's!

Brian Willoughby                        ...!uw-beaver!microsoft!brianw
                or                      microsoft!brianw@uunet.UU.NET
                or just                 brianw@microsoft.UUCP