Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: new music

From: jmckerna@polyslo.calpoly.edu (John McKernan)
Date: Tue, 16 May 89 03:41:02 -0700
Subject: Re: new music
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <8905151631.AA10940@ucscc.UCSC.EDU> Love-Hounds@GAFFA.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: sco!time@ucscc.ucsc.edu
>Lets's hear some more talk about:
>
>Talk Talk (anything by these guys is great)

Talk Talk is a good band. Their first two albums are both of high quality
and are quite accessible (although that's probably not a good thing for the
people in this group 8+). I thought the music in their third album was less
rich than the previous two. Although the lyrics are if anything more
thoughtful, and the music does have a spare elegance. I like all three
albums, but I have a slight preference for the fuller sound of their first
two. I think a fourth album is out, but I haven't heard it yet.

John L. McKernan.                    Student, Computer Science, Cal Poly S.L.O.
The future is rude and pushy. It won't wait for us to solve today's problems
before it butts in with tomorrow's.