Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Just adding support to a premise

From: (Michael J. Lamoureux) <lamour%smiley@gateway.mitre.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 89 13:53:52 -0400
Subject: Just adding support to a premise

	I'm not getting back into this, I just wanted to confirm a fact.

From: arc!ken@apple.com (Ken Stuart)
> and that of the other artists metioned (i.e. Mike Oldfield, Tangerine
> Dream, Todd Rundgren, and Brian Eno).  By the way, I am 99.9% sure
> that all the above artists are well aware of the Zen ideas cited (in
> fact they are quoted on some TD albums).

	Well, Todd has the song "Zen Archer" on _A Wizard, A True Star_, and
"Zen Machine" on Utopia's _POV_.  I think there's another one, but I can't
think of it right off hand.  I couldn't say if the concepts are displayed in
any of his other songs as it's not something I normally look for in a song :-)

	On a completely different topic...and I'm not suggesting anything here,
so don't read anything into this.  What are the chances that Kate listens to/
used to listen to/has listened to Peter Hammill and/or Van der Graaf Generator?
They ARE British.  Sure, it's a stupid question, but I was kind of wondering,
so I figured I'd ask as long as I was here.

Regards,                                          (( I've been told, when I
                                                   (( get older that I'll
Michael Lamoureux (lamour%smiley@gateway.mitre.org) (( understand it all, but
The MITRE Corporation  7525 Colshire Drive         (( I'm not sure if I want
Mailstop Z531 McLean, VA  22102 (703) 883-5370    (( to.     -Kate Bush
                                                 (( "In Search Of Peter Pan"