Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Tears for Fears (was Re: another bath)

From: relph@presto.ig.com (John M. Relph)
Date: 10 May 89 17:50:48 GMT
Subject: Re: Tears for Fears (was Re: another bath)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

duane@Sun.COM (Duane Day) sez:
>At the risk of earning TfF a set of IED quotation marks, I'd suggest that
>you listen to "The Working Hour", "Listen" and "Mothers Talk" from _Songs
>from the Big Chair_ (the album version of "Mothers Talk" being the one to
>check out, IMHO).

The only song I've ever liked by Tears for Fears is the 12-inch
extended mix of "The Way You Are".  I felt it had a lot of originality
at the time it came out, which was about the same time as Freur's
"Doot Doot".  Those two songs had innovative pop synth use and good
rhythms, but after that, I didn't care for any TfF songs I heard, and
Freur disappeared as fast as they had appeared.

Freur even had bassist extraordinaire Pino Palladino on a track or two
of their album, which apparently didn't help.

	-- John