Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Demise of Fairlight Instruments.

From: munnari!augean.oz.au!ross%chook@uunet.UU.NET (Ross Williams)
Date: 7 Apr 89 02:19:20 GMT
Subject: Demise of Fairlight Instruments.
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: munnari!augean.oz.au!news@uunet.UU.NET

>Apparently Fairlight Instruments, makers of the Fairlight CMI (a truly
>phenomenal music workstation, most recent incarnation the Series III)
>have gone out of business as of about 2 weeks ago.

>The phone rings unanswered at the New York office, the LA number has
>changed and there's only an answering machine identifying the number
>as belonging to Fairlight and asking people who need service or have
>tech support questions to leave a message, and the Nashville office
>seems to have disappeared altogether.
>
>Anyone heard anything else?

The following message was posted in a general newsgroup in Australia and
may be of help.

Ross Williams.

| Ross Williams,                ACSNET, CSNET, BITNET : ross@comsci.ua.oz    |
| Dept. of Computer Science,    ARPA   : ross@comsci.ua.oz.au                |
| University of Adelaide,       UUCP   : ...!uunet!munnari!comsci.ua.oz!ross |
| G.P.O. Box 498,               Phone  : +61 8 228-5585                      |
| Adelaide 5001,                Fax    : +61 8 223-1206                      |
| South Australia.              Telex  : UNIVAD AA 89141                     |