Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1989-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Cure

From: Michael Fischer <MFISCHER%SBCCVM.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 89 22:39:44 EDT
Subject: New Cure

Today the B-Side of the Cure's new "Fascination Street" single was released
(or at least WDRE in New York got their hands on it) and they played it for
all us happy listeners. It's called "Babble" and is pretty good. I don't
know how to compare it to other Cure, so I won't. It's pretty different.
I definitely like it though. Ahh, two new Cure songs after almost two years
of waiting. If only Kate would be as swift...
    Anyway, no mention was made on the station about the status of the
album, "Disintegration" (is that the spelling?), or of a tour. I don't
doubt they'll tour, but where? For the KMKMKM tour they sold out Madison
Square Garden in N.Y. City, surprising many (me too! I got such bad seats!)
Will they do multiple shows there? Can't wait to find out!

    Wasn't some mention made recently about Siouxsie and the Banshees returning
for a second tour? Anyone know anything about this?

  -Mike

- Michael D. Fischer    | I've got a clan of gingerbread men        -
- MFISCHER @ SBCCVM     | Here a man, there a man                   -
- MIKE88 on DELPHI      | Lots of gingerbread men                   -
- GREEN anywhere else   | Take a couple if you wish                 -
-                       | They're on the dish.         --Pink Floyd -