Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Video Spins

From: cssbgd@esdsdf.ge.com (Bret G. Dahlgren)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 88 11:56:15 est
Subject: Video Spins

Attention all new music fans:
        I have the best of news.  If you have been in Pittsburgh in the
last 16 weeks you might have seen a show on Public TV WQEX called Video
Spins.  It is a half hour of new music videos and interviews from anyone
you can imagine.  The show I saw during Thanksgiving had R.E.M., They Might
Be Giants, The Cocteau Twins, The Jack Rubies, and a video and interview
with whoever sings "Dumb Things" or something like that.  It's a really
good show.  Anyway, now the real good news.  Thom Downing, co-producer and
co-host of the show is a good friend of mine and just told me they are
syndicating the show across the U.S. starting in April or May.  They are
guaranteed spots in 25 markets so far including Philadelphia, Boston, and
San Francisco and are trying to get more.
      If you could, try to contact your local PBS station to see if they
are picking up this wonderful show.  The more stations they get to pick
it up, the more backing they get to keep it on the air.  And if Kate has
an album by then (hopefully), you can bet your bottom dollar it's probably
the first place you'll see it.
                                            Bret Dahlgren
                                            RCA-ESD
                                            cssbgd@esdsdf.ge.com