Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jane Solanas's _New_Musical_Express_ interview, October 1983

From: richp1!garry@uunet.UU.NET (Garry Berg)
Date: 28 Dec 88 10:33:42 CST (Wed)
Subject: Re: Jane Solanas's _New_Musical_Express_ interview, October 1983
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Hello!

This is not really a reply to the above mentioned subject...it
is really the only way that I can figure out how to send a note
of this type...

I am not sure what I am doing here (I am new to UNIX based systems
and networks such as this) so please bear with me...
In my attempt to become familiar with this system, I stumbled across
this utility.  Much to my surprise (and pleasure) I fell into the
midst of what appears to be an underground fellowship of Kate Bush
fans.  Until now I thought that I was her biggest fan here in the
states.  I think that I was mistaken.

I have been a fan of hers for around nine years, collecting
a variety of KB music and paraphanelia.  I am very interested
in communicating with other collectors and fans.  But, I am
not exactly sure how... mechanics-wise.  I was wondering if
you could tell me if there is a proper way to communicate on
this network, and if there are any specific guidlines as to the
use of it too (contents of notes, format, etc.).

Is there one specific person responsible for maintaining the
communication that goes here?  Can you tell me who IED is?

I am not sure if I should be sending you this letter (or if
you will get it for that matter), if not, would you please
forward it to someone that can help me?

Thanks,

garry