Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-11 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mailbag: _TWW_ and non-LP-trax CD

From: Julian Cowley <julian@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 88 15:32:03-1000
Subject: Re: Mailbag: _TWW_ and non-LP-trax CD
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@MITVMA.MIT.EDU writes:
>                    This Woman's Work
>

>      Aha-ooh! Aha-ooh! Aha-ooh!
>           "You'll have to wait in here."*
>
><*--'You'll have to wait in here.'  This is just a guess.
>A few spoken words are audible here, possibly originating from
>another part of the film's dialogue and re-used by Kate in her
>recording.>

I hate to be nitpicky, but I think it might be: "You'll have to
wait outside...."  There is a little more after this, but the
echo distorts it to the point where it is hard to make out.  I
still haven't seen the movie in question, however, but when I do
I'll listen for these lines.

Speaking of soundtracks, I've read here several times that the
choral section of "Hello Earth" is influenced by the soundtrack
to _Nosferatu_, so I would like to pick it up.  Is it
available?  By the way, did anyone catch the time they used the
choral piece on _Miami_Vice_ about two seasons ago?

julian@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu
uunet!ucsd!nosc!uhccux!julian
julian@uhccux.bitnet
"People who aren't amused don't talk."