Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Review

From: rpeck@jessica.stanford.edu (Raymond Peck)
Date: 16 Dec 88 00:31:02 GMT
Subject: Re: Review
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@portia.stanford.edu

In article <193*haug@si.uninett> Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Kari Haug <haug%si.uninett%NORUNIX.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
>
>Billy Currie (with guest Steve Howe) : "TRANSPORTATION"
>I then heard was far beyond the power of wordly description!
>Something happened to me, and I got so excited I almost fell off the chair.
>It was magic, brilliant, breathtaking..... etc. etc... At one point I got
>so excited that I stood up and screamed out to my friend "This is better
>than Jean-Michel Jarre, but that's impossible because no-one can be better
>than him, but this is better than Jean-Michel Jarre anyway, even if that's
>impossible"!

Hmmmm. . .

I wasn't really thrilled with it, myself.  It's OK and all, but
i find it a more insipid example of "New Wage" than, say, Synergy's
"Metropolitan Suite".

I was hoping for somthing with a bit more substance than atmosphere.

Which this disk ain't.

Even tho I'm a MASSIVE Steve Howe fan.  I'd rather have bought
"The Steve Howe Album" or "Beginnings" on CD (if they were available. . .)

"Submarines are lurking in my foggy ceiling/ they keep me sleepless at night"
"Read some Kerouac and it put me on the track to burn a little brighter now"