Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mailbag

From: IED0DXM%OAC.UCLA.EDU@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 88 10:28 PST
Subject: Mailbag

 To: Love-Hounds
 From: Andrew Marvick (IED)

 >  Should anyone have easy access to the complete lyrics to "December WIll Be"
 > I'd love to see them.  If you wish to avoid cluttering up the airwaves, you
 > can always send them directly to BABOOSHKA@NUACC.
 >                          Season's Greetings,
 > -- Lizooshka

     As Love-Hounds know, IED has no scruples about cluttering up the
Love-Hounds airwaves with excessive wordblocks. Here are the "complete"
lyrics of _December_Will_Be_Magic_Again_, Lizooshka.

  _December_Will_Be_Magic_Again_

 December will be magic again.
 Take a husky to the ice
 While Bing Crosby sings "White Christmas".
 He makes you feel nice.
 December will be magic again.
 Old Saint Nicholas up the chimney,
 Just a-popping up in my memory.

      Ooh, dropping down in my parachute,
      The white city, she is so beautiful
      Upon the black-soot icicled roofs,
      Ooh, and see how I fall.
      See how I fall
           ("Fall!") <backwards>
      Like the snow.

      Come to cover the lovers.
            (Cover the lovers,
             But don't you wake them up.)
      Come to sparkle the dark up.
            (Sparkle the dark up,
             With just a touch of make-up.)
      Come to cover the muck up.
            (Cover the muck up,
             Ooh, with a little luck.)

 December will be magic again.
 Light the candle-lights
 To conjure Mr. Wilde
 Into the Silent Night.
 Ooh, it's quiet inside,
 Here in Oscar's mind.

 December will be magic again.
 Don't miss the brightest star.
 Kiss under mistletoe.
 I want to hear you laugh.
 Don't let the mystery go now.

      Ooh, dropping down in my parachute,
      The white city, she is so beautiful
      Upon the black-soot icicled roofs,
      Ooh, and see how I fall.
      See how I fall
           ("Fall!") <backwards>
      Like the snow.

      Come to cover the lovers.
            (Cover the lovers,
             But don't you wake them up.)
      Come to sparkle the dark up.
            (Sparkle the dark up,
             With just a touch of make-up.)
      Come to cover the muck up.
            (Cover the muck up,
             Ooh, with a little luck.)

      Oh, I'm coming to cover the lovers.
      Ooh, and I'm coming to sparkle the dark up.
      Ooh, and I'm coming to cover the muck up.

 > It's a bootleg containing moderately good quality copies of the "Live
 > at Hammersmith Odeon" video soundtrack, the German-TV "Kate!" special and
 > an unidentified concert (paris, I believe).
 >
 > -- Jon Drukman

     All accurate except the German-TV part. The Christmas _Kate_
special was produced for and broadcast first on British TV. First
aired on December 28, 1979. Could you be confusing its
origins with those of the German/Dutch Tour documentary _Kate_Bush_In_
Concert_?

-- Andrew Marvick, Love-Hounds' resident
   pedant, wishing a magic December to all