Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

R.E.M.

From: Michael Fischer <MFISCHER%SBCCVM.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 88 13:29:12 EST
Subject: R.E.M.

Hey all...
   Listening to WDRE in New York yesterday, and Mike Mills of R.E.M.
called up for a quick phone interview. He said that they're starting
their GREEN tour in early '89. They'll be visiting Japan, Australia,
and New Zealand I think. He said that they'd start the U.S. tour in
March and finish in New York in late April.
   I assume that everyone who has a copy of GREEN has noticed that
on the songs listing, song number 4 is listed as song number R? Pretty
weird if you ask me. But wait! Have you looked at the "R"'s on the
cover (in GREEN and R.E.M.)? If you look at them just right, with the
light at a relly steep angle, you will see glossy "4"'s overlaying the
"R"'s! Wow...
     --Mike