Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-10 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

ne t'enfuis pas

From: jsd%UMASS.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU (Jonathan S. Drukman)
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 88 11:30:13 EST
Subject: ne t'enfuis pas

> I would welcome people's ideas as to their
> interpretation of the song.

I agree basically with what you're saying.  I thought there was some
sort of undesirability element in there based on the dark/light
imagery, but you've pretty well nailed that end of the song down.
I have nothing more to add other than to say that the first 50 or
so times I heard it I had no clue as to the lyrics (other than "je t'en
prie, ne t'enfuis pas") and I thought it was the most moving,
beautiful song Kate had ever recorded.  At this point, it's neck and
neck between this one and "Running Up That Hill"...
If only it were out on CD, it would probably be the winner...

Jon Drukman                      University of Massachusetts
BITNET: jsd@umass                ARPANET: jsd%umass.bitnet@mitvma.mit.edu
"This calls for a very special blend of psychology
 and extreme violence." -- Vyvyan