Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Religion

From: berns%lti.com@BU-IT.BU.EDU (Brian Berns x26)
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 88 14:43:54 EDT
Subject: Religion
Posted-Date: Sat, 3 Sep 88 14:43:54 EDT

[ various specific criticisms of Kate-music deleted ]

|>oug then says :

>     [ Why does Kate do things the way she does in these cases?  The
>	answer is very simple.  It's because all these things are the
>	essense of perfection itself.  It's that simple.  I hope that
>	answer's <sic, learn to spell, Mr. Philosophy Degree> your question.
>       -- |>oug ]

Elsewhere, IED says :

> all of Kate's mature work is uniformly strong _enough_ so that any
> mere Love-Hound -- |>oug, and certainly IED, included -- would do
> well to admit incompetence to judge individual recordings' relative
> quality. In fewer words, her work is better than we can judge it to
> be.

This has got to be the silliest idea I have seen in quite awhile.  Do
either of you honestly think even Kate would agree with this?  Am I to
believe that anything besides blind devotion to every note is going to
be denigrated by the Twin Twits of this group?

Tounge-in-cheek is one thing, but this is getting stupid.  If we all
love her work so much, why can't we talk about it honestly?

Now, would someone please tell exactly what "Cloudbusting" is about?
or tell me where I can get a copy of _A_Book_of_Dreams_?

Thank you.

-- Brian