Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: gaj%UKC.AC.UK@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 88 19:54:04 BST
Posted-Date: Wed, 10 Aug 88 19:54:04 BST

I'll probably only post this once as I'm supposed to be doing real
work on this thing, not writing about pop singers :-) . Three things:

1) The Dreaming is indeed a great album. When it came out I thought it
was close to perfection and that Kate would never better it. But, in
MY opinion, Hounds of Love is even better.  It IS perfection.  I don't
really approve of the way you lot 'officially' designate The Dreaming
as the greatest record of all time. For me, HOL is one of the four
best albums I've heard, the others being (in alphabetical order) Peter
Gabriel IV, Robert Palmer's Riptide, and Richard Thompson's Across a
Crowded Room. That's good enough for me - and I bet Kate would be
proud to be classed with three such great musicians, too. But as I
said, it's MY opinion, but that's just as valid as YOURS - don't
forget it!

	[ No, it's not!  And don't you forget it! -- |>oug ]

2) Following on from the first really. Kate Bush is a great musician,
but she's not divine, you know! If she was to look in on this
newsgroup I bet she'd be rather embarrassed by some of the things
she'd see. After all, her music is somewhat more, er... grown up (?)
than most popular music - do you think she'd really be flattered by
all this adolescent fantasising?  (I don't know, perhaps you ARE
adolescents, in which case congratulations on discovering Kate Bush at
such tender years :-)

      [	(1) Kate will never read this newsgroup.  (2) The drooling
	over Kate Bush in this fanzine is no worse than in any other
	Kate Bush fanzine (many of which Kate has seen), so it's just
	what she'd expect anyway.  (3) Unlike any other KB fanzine
	(other than *For The Love of Kate*, we don't take ourselves
	seriously, anyway, so it doesn't matter.  -- |>oug ]

3) Thought you might be interested - I was born in Plumstead and
lived, till I was 18, in Abbey Wood. I'm sure most of you will
appreciate the significance of this and will raise me to demi-god
status accordingly!!

Best wishes (and I DO love her, you know) Gordon Jackson