Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

More Misc. Kate Info.

From: Craig Polson <polson@APPLE.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 88 11:24:35 PDT
Subject: More Misc. Kate Info.
Posted-Date: Wed, 10 Aug 88 11:24:35 PDT

This is my first posting to this news group:

I'm sorry I didn't get the name of the person other than Doug who said
that _The Dreaming_ was their favorite Kate album.  Well, you're in
good company.  My room mate met Kate's Dad near their farm in East
Wickham when he was in England and he said that _The Dreaming_ is both
his and Kate's favorite of her albums, too.

Oh, also (I could be totally wrong on this), I believe that the word
"Gaffa" is (among other things) a Japanese word for some sort of
purgatory-ish, extremely miserable place... or the like.  I think that
this definition is quite fitting with the lyrics, also.

More or less useless trivia... just thought you might like to know.  Cheers

and Happy Post-Katemass!

Craig Polson