Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1988-06 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: _Daft_ -- The search continues...

From: Lazlo Nibble <cscbrkac@CHARON.UNM.EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 88 20:36:10 MDT
Subject: Re: _Daft_ -- The search continues...

Steve Wingard writes:

> . . . [CD-International] didn't list _Daft_.  But then I noticed
> that they DID list _Who's Afraid... ?_ as being available from Great
> Britain -- with a catalog number of EMI ZCIDQ-2.  This sounds
> suspiciously like the catalog number for _Daft_ that one intrepid
> net.reader posted with the complete listing of tracks on the disc.
> Am I hallucinating?  Can someone fill me in?

"Suspiciously," indeed . . . that *is* the catalog number for the UK
release of _Daft_, which I have parked right here in front of me.  I
can't say that you're hallucinating, but I think the CD-I people are.
My copy of _Who's Afraid_ is a Japanese import but the UK-format
catalog number on it is CID J116.  I don't know *where* CD-I could
have gotten EMI into the picture.

Keep hunting!  ZTT's catalog numbering schemes get reallllly confusing
at times.  And as I *think* I wrote to tell you, I'm pretty sure I can
get you a copy of _Daft_ locally if you're interested.

                                      -----

Sticking somewhat to the topic of the CD-I catalog, they list as being
available in Japan a Mike Oldfield CD called "Moonight Shadow".  Is
this a CD-single of the "Moonlight Shadow" 12"?  They also list a
couple of Dead or Alive CDs I'm curious about, but I better not talk
about those here on Love-Hounds :-).

	[ Yeah, better not!  -- |>oug ]

--
Lazlo Nibble (cscbrkac@charon.unm.edu)